I am always telling the folks in Communications that no one reads my blog, and they assure me that people do. In any case, in a September 6th entry I planted a test of this assertion. I took a photo of one of our dear College employees (“Terrie”) and told readers that the first few new students who found her and introduced themselves would get a gift certificate to use for meals, specifically meals at the Spot. I deliberately excluded our “not-new” students from the competition because many of them work for her office and would know where it is; and I thought it would help new students get to know the campus by trying to find out who Terrie is and where she can be found. I talked with Terrie yesterday and she said that no student has found her thus far. Is it because she is so hard to find, or because no one reads my blog? I’ll send out word if Terrie ultimately is found, but of course maybe no one will read it.
Whittier College Flickr
- From #WhittierCollege to our Poet dads out there: Happy Father's Day! 2 days ago
- Ivette Alonso '14 joins CA students in UN-silent protest in Sacramento to lobby for legislation to help local schools ow.ly/lYvKD 6 days ago
- RT @ WCLEAP Pre-Orientation Experience and Transition (POET) Get-A-Way registration now live! whittier.edu/leap/getaway 1 week ago
- RT @poetfootball: #whittiercollege #fearthepoet @ Whittier College instagram.com/p/aQ9rNbqpbG/ 1 week ago
- "Pursue what you’re passionate about." Catherine King '12 talks life overseas, writing and why she's a #PoetForLife bit.ly/11nwmTB 1 week ago